Einrichtungen >> Fakultät Geistes- und Kulturwissenschaften >> Institut für Anglistik und Amerikanistik >> Lehrstuhl für Englische Sprachwissenschaft einschließlich Sprachgeschichte >> |
English and learner English in a Global Context
- Odette Vassallo, Sarah Grech
- Seminar, 2 SWS, ECTS: 8, Englischsprachig
- Fr, 10:00 - 12:00, Raum n.V.
The first session will be on 5 November 2021!
- Voraussetzungen / Organisatorisches:
- 1. Modules:
BA Anglistik/Amerikanistik: Vertiefungsmodul Sprachwissenschaft: Seminar (8 ECTS)
LA GY: Vertiefungsmodul Sprachwissenschaft: Seminar (8 ECTS)
MA English and American Studies: Master Module English Linguistics: Seminar (8 ECTS)
MA English and American Studies: Profile Module English Linguistics I-VI: Seminar (8, 6, 5 or 4 ECTS)
MA English and American Studies: Consolidation Module English Linguistics I-IV: Seminar (8, 6, 5 or 4 ECTS)
Erweiterungsbereich Anglistik/Amerikanistik im Rahmen anderer MA: Master Module or Profile Module I or III English Linguistics: Seminar (8 ECTS)
Erasmus and other visiting students: Seminar (8 ECTS)
2. Registration and Deregistration:
Registration via FlexNow from 27 September 2021, 10:00h, to 21 October 2021, 23:59h.
Deregistration via FlexNow from 27 September 2021, 10:00h, to 30 October 2021, 23:59h.
A limited number of places will be reserved for visiting students, students who have changed universities and students who need this class urgently as they are approaching the end of their studies. If the seminar is overbooked, the teacher will decide which students will be accepted.
3. Requirements for successful completion of the course:
4 ECTS: regular active participation in class + oral presentation with handout
5/6/8 ECTS in MA English and American Studies Consolidation Module English Linguistics I/II/III: regular active participation in class + oral presentation + oral exam
5 ECTS in other programmes or modules: regular active participation in class + oral presentation + assignment of 2500-3500 words
6 ECTS: regular active participation in class + oral presentation + seminar paper of 3000-4000 words
8 ECTS BA Anglistik/Amerikanistik Vertiefungsmodul: regular active participation in class + oral presentation + seminar paper of 3500-4500 words
8 ECTS in other programmes or modules, and visiting students: regular active participation in class + oral presentation + seminar paper of 4500-6000 words
4. Language of instruction:
5. Combination with "Methods and Theories in Linguistics":
In the early weeks of term, all students are expected to take part in a special introduction to research methods entitled "Methods and Theories in Linguistics": https://univis.uni-bamberg.de/form?dsc=anew/lecture_view&lvs=guk/angl/engls/method&anonymous=1&founds=guk/angl/engls/method&sem=2021w&codeset=utf8 (unless they have already participated in this course in an earlier semester). Thus, these participants are required to reserve the following times and dates: Friday, 29 October 2021, 8-10 am, Thursday, 11 November 2021, 8-10 am, and Friday, 12 November 2021, 8-11 am. To enable pre-planning, please register for the course in FlexNow and in the Virtual Campus course by 27 October at the latest: https://vc.uni-bamberg.de/enrol/index.php?id=49429
- The course places English and the learner at the centre and it explores how the individual experiences implicit and explicit learning in diverse contexts where English plays different roles. How learners operate within a variety of Englishes and how they are assessed will be the focus of this course. The course involves direct practice in learner language analysis and an introduction to assessment principles with a view to varieties of English. It will consider the language learner within the broader context of English used to communicate on a global scale for anything from art to business.
||UnivIS ist ein Produkt der Config eG, Buckenhof